**This is not an employment role, but offers benefits that are similar. Please keep reading to learn more about this opportunity with Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS) and please share with families that you think could be a great fit to join the Foster Care Village.**
We offer the community, support and space you need to fulfill your passion for making sure kids feel loved and siblings can stay together.
The Foster Care Village in Itasca, TX represents more than 115 years of experience in caring for children. From our beginning as an orphanage to our days as a children’s home and later a group home campus, we’ve maintained our commitment to providing excellent care and evolved to meet the needs of children and families. Rooted in the best and brightest model of trauma-informed care, the Foster Care Village ensures that each child becomes a member of a family.
When Foster Families move to the Village, they get the keys to one of PCHAS’s spacious homes where rent, utilities, internet and landscaping expenses are waived. Village families share PCHAS’ commitment to ensuring that siblings, even in large sibling groups, can remain connected by making our homes available for 5 or 6 children at a time, which may include up to 2 biological or adopted children. Just like traditional foster families, Village families have the final say regarding placement, so we look to them to play a very active role in placement decisions. And, Village families receive a generous monthly reimbursement.
Staff are near and available to offer support, but look to foster families to lead their home and offer children the guidance from parents that they need. Counseling is made available, on-site, for every youth in care. Children attend public schools and the Village Education Services Director supervises after school tutoring and provides additional support within Itasca ISD.
Amenities in this private community make the Village a great place for families. At the Village, families have access to the activity center, swimming pool, gymnasium, weight room, basketball and tennis courts, prayer garden, and disc golf course. The Village Life Coordinator plans weekly learning and fun activities for children to enjoy and campus staff are available to assist with college and vocational preparation. And, because all families need support, on-site overnight care is provided by a family that is known and loved by everyone in the Village. Foster families can take advantage of this support on a monthly basis.
At the Village, foster parents find an unsurpassed level of camaraderie and support while children thrive in a place where they are known and loved.
If you’re looking for a full and vibrant family life and you love raising kids, we want to get to know you.
Please contact Andrew Rogers at 254-701-8239 or Andrew.Rogers@pchas.org.
Our Foster Care Village First Looks are another great way to learn more. Check out our Events online at https://www.pchas.org/fosteradoptevents.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS)
Happier At Home, a non-medical senior care agency based in Spring, TX, is seeking compassionate part-time caregivers for clients throughout north and northwest Houston suburbs.
Happier At Home is a non-medical COMPANION CARE agency – we do not provide personal care service, and CNA/HHA certification is not mandatory. Those who have experience caring for elderly or disabled family members are encouraged to apply.
Our ideal caregiver is looking to work between 10-25 hours per week, lives in or near north and northwest Houston, and has flexible hours. This is a PART TIME opportunity; we are not looking for caregivers needing full time work at this time.
Caregivers are matched with clients based on not only the tasks needed, but based on the personality that Happier At Home feels will be the best fit for the client. Caregivers must be fluent English speakers, but proficiency with any other language is desirable but not required.
- Encourage walking and light exercise
- Plan & prepare meals followed by clean up
- Cleaning of bathroom and kitchen to maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Make beds and change bed linens
- Light housekeeping to include light dusting and light vacuuming
- Laundry care, including washing & drying clothes, towels and linens
- Supervise household maintenance such as lawn service, plumber, etc.
- Run errands, shopping
- Provide incidental transportation using client or caregiver car
- Assist client with medication reminders
- Engage and communicate with the client in a professional and compassionate manner
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and proof of auto insurance
- Clean criminal background, SSN verification and driving record checks
- Evidence of a negative tuberculosis test
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Commitment to punctuality, courtesy, and clear and open communication
Happier At Home is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Happier At Home offers:
- Part-time hours, working around your schedule
- Competitive pay of $ 10-12.00/hour based on case requirements
- Mileage reimbursement when transporting clients
- Travel pay between multiple clients in a day
- Time-and-a-half pay for overtime and company holidays
- Bonuses for client and caregiver referrals
- Opportunity for advancement into administrative and marketing roles
- Telephony clock-in/out and reporting system
- W-2 employment
- Bi-weekly direct deposit
- Workers Compensation
For immediate consideration, apply online at: https://www.spring.happierathome.com/index.cfm?Page=Employment
No phone calls please!